2.10.2005

my bookshelf, part 1

So I used to be one of those little kids who stumbled out of the local library with books stacked up to my chin. I would drive my mom nuts b/c I could read 5 books at a time and keep all the plots straight. I still do the same thing today, except it's a little harder to keep the plots straight when you work 40 hours a week, clean house, cook dinner and maintain a minimal social life. Plus, now I read books you have to learn from--no more Baby-Sitters Club, lol.

Right now I'm on this sociology kick, which extended into economics. "The Two Income Trap" is an excellent, excellent read about how the family has come to be dependent on two paychecks. I just cracked open "The Great Unraveling," a collection of essays by a NY Times columnist/econ prof on the state of the economy and how it was affected by the political arena. Waiting to be read: "Comeback Cities" and "The Death and Life of Great American Cities," which are more focused on urban planning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home