1.09.2006

happy 2006

My resolutions for the new year:

1. Lose 5 lbs by March 1, and 10 by the summer.
My weight crept up a bit in the fall, and I got a bit of a shock when I stepped on the scale for the first time in 3 months! I'm a healthy weight anyway, so it's really gonna come down to eating better (less sweets) and exercising more. Motivation is my biggest problem, however, which leads me to:

2. Gym time: 2x a week by March 1, 3x a week after that.
I am not kidding when I say that I spend more time debating whether I feel like going to the gym than I actually do in
a gym. We have a "fitness room" in our complex, and we live in a pretty fitness-oriented community (bike trails, nature walks, a bigger gym/indoor pool for the homeowners that we tenants get passes to), so I really have no excuse whatsoever to get off my duff and be active!

Except when I get home, it's dark... ;)

3. Keep in touch with my friends!
I go thru antisocial periods like anyone else does, but I can see why once people get married they drop out of sight: now that I have a captive audience, it's far easier to bore my husband to death as I chatter away than taking the initiative to email or call someone. And most of my close friends do not live close by, so I don't just run into them anymore.

4. Blog more.

That way when I'm lax on number 3, y'all can still get your fill of all things Deb here :)

5. Create at least 1 "fridge-worthy" artwork each month.

On the HOW forum there is a frequent thread called the HOWie Fridge... basically a place to post your recent work free of critique. I'm prohibited somewhat from posting work-work b/c of contract issues (clients have requested mock-ups, then paid but taken them elsewhere to be fabricated), and I don't do nearly enough sketching, especially indepth sketching or painting, to post. That's going to change!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 9:38 AM, January 10, 2006, Blogger lew! said...

wow - your resolutions are almost identical to mine! except the fridge worthy one. That's a good one!

i am going to do photofornight and illustration friday i think. Slowly at first then try and get to the weekly amount.

Good resolutions, stick to 'em.
Maybe i should write mine down so i fele more obligated. hmmmm.

 
At 4:58 PM, January 12, 2006, Blogger Jeope said...

Ho, but I remember a certain someone posting a certain hot sketch of a certain Scarlett Johansson. That was so hahhht ...

Jokin'. That was you though, right?

Echo! Excellent set of resolutions. I think RanMan has a whole connection of weight-loss Howies you could join up with - did he tell you this?

 
At 3:24 PM, January 13, 2006, Blogger deb said...

lol, i forgot i posted that sketch!

i didn't hear about RanMan's group... will have to investigate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home