9.27.2006

a day off

state-circle.jpg

Last Friday I had the day off, and on a whim I decided to play tourist in my hometown of Annapolis. I parked my car in a garage and set off on foot thru the Historic District. No, I didn't join one of those tour groups led by people in period garb; I just wanted to venture off the main roads. I spent the better part of 5 hours walking thru the quieter residential streets and checking out some galleries I didn't know existed.

It's amazing how much more you see when you're going at a slower pace. I wouldn't have discovered the sketch opportunity below if I had been driving thru in my car. But walking along a street, you end up subconsciously observing things around you, absorbing them gradually as you approach them.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 8:11 PM, October 15, 2006, Blogger MF the Effie-kun said...

Wow, I love your art. I was cruising around your blog on a whim (whims are fun that way) and I couldn't get over how cool the line drawing is on your most recent post. Do you have links to other bits of your work? (I tried looking in the links column but there were so many different site to go to, by eyes grew dizzy.) Oh well, off to look at more of your links, and try to find more art to veiw.

 
At 10:18 PM, October 23, 2006, Blogger Jeope said...

I was gonna say something similar; I'm a fan of the line-art/drafting-style drawing. Is that yours, Deb? A product of the day off?

 
At 1:06 PM, October 26, 2006, Blogger deb said...

yep, this one's all me! :)

I don't draw nearly enough as I should. I guess 2 semesters of drafting back in high school left its mark on me.

I have a few more lying around that I'm proud of; I'll post them soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home