3.21.2007

first game: tough loss, great defense

We lost our first game of the season to NOVA (short for Northern Virginia), 15-0. Being the first game of the season there was some rust to shake off, but our defense was pretty damn good; NOVA fought hard for their 3 tries. As much as I love our brand spankin' new uniforms, they're not bullet-proof... we had a bunch of brutal injuries. I tried to recover a loose ball and earned an elbow to the face and my first-ever black eye. At some point in the second half I ended up at the bottom of a collapsed maul, and all the falling bodies bruised my rib. That wouldn't have been so bad if I didn't come down with a sinus infection and bronchitis the very next day... coughing fits + bruised ribs = exquisite pain.

This was also my first game wearing a scrumcap. Mine is decently ventilated, but your hearing is still affected. It was quite a blustery day, and my cap doubled as a wind tunnel the entire freakin' game...

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 6:06 PM, March 23, 2007, Blogger lew! said...

i wanna see the helmet on!


i am already itching for my second hockey season to start in early april!

 
At 11:27 AM, April 10, 2007, Blogger deb said...

haha, I will have to take a photo for you... those things get so sweaty and gross I rip it off as soon as the whisle blows.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home