3.05.2007

offseason

Wow, it's been a long time since i posted here. Things were pretty uneventful the past few months. I spent the rugby offseason (November - February) building up my endurance and distance running. I'm up to 3.5-mile runs, which is great considering rugby players run 4-6 miles during the course of an 80-minute game. A few of us gals also practiced with the men's team on weekends; those practices were so intense I was no good for the rest of the day!

Our spring season starts out slowly, with a several bye weeks; then we have 5 straight games April - May. We're on track to be playoff-eligible for the fall season, which means less games beating up on college teams, and more picking on women our own size!

Sadly all my hard work hasn't moved the numbers on the scale. It did, however, get me an award--I won Most Improved at our year-end banquet! :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home