5.13.2007

The Great Quasimoto Incident of 2007

(Subtitle: My Husband Didn't Do It)

In the second half of a very physical game versus Norfolk, I went into a tackle at the same time as my teammate... I made contact a second before she did, and the force of all 3 bodies colliding knocked my face into her head. Amazingly, neither of us was concussed, but after hearing a god-awful squishy noise in my face I hit the ground... when I opened my eyes my face had swelled up already (hence the subsequent nicknames Quasi-face and Lava Lamp). After the sound it made I honestly thought my face was broken, so I went to the ER for a CAT scan, which revealed no broken bones--woohoo!!!

I sat out the following week's game versus Frederick (we won!), and was the last-resort sub for our slaughter of Salisbury... I played the final 7 minutes of the game as fullback, a first for me. All that sprinting I've done definitely paid off; several years ago I always got beat on somebody cutting outside, now I'm fast enough to chase 'em down.

Since I had time to kill, I decided to document the rainbow of colors on my face. Note: some of the images are not for the faint of heart!

black_eye1.jpg
note swelling on my right cheek

black_eye2.jpg
When Chombo met Lava Lamp

black_eye3.jpg
Poor hubby... not easy for him to see me beaten up

black_eye4.jpg
the swelling has almost gone away!

black_eye5.jpg
the Skittles phase (taste the rainbow...)

black_eye6.jpg
sadly, halloween is 6 months away.

black_eye7.jpg
looking badass before the Salisbury game.

The discoloration disappeared after 4 weeks... I have a lump the size of an almond under my skin, which is slowly diminishing. I did follow up with my doctor before playing--there is no damage to my eye or eardrum, and I was given the okay to play after 2 weeks.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 1:54 PM, June 05, 2007, Blogger Jeope said...

Holy shlamola. Lava Lamp, you tough!

 
At 1:49 PM, July 01, 2008, Blogger devon spec said...

OMG RUGGER WITH PIGS!!

you hurted your eye!!! holy crap.you are tough.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home