7.11.2007

injuries galore

injuries.jpg

I took the opportunity to sketch out a rugger for a book documenting my team's first year in existence. My idea was based on the Operation! board game, which identifies various injured body parts. ("Minute, sir" is what you say to the ref when you need a timeout for injuries, shoelaces, etc.) I asked my teammates to send me a list of their rugby-related ailments; some people were very technical in describing their injuries, others were more candid.

Fortunately for me, there are several shutterbugs on the team, providing me with plenty of angles of body parts and uniforms. I hand-sketched everything, inked it in, scanned it and added color in Photoshop. The face doesn’t belong to anyone in particular; it’s actually modified from a young man’s facial expression on a stock-photo site.

This project consumed a total of 10 hours, 2 beers, 1 margarita and 1 Trader Joe’s Swiss milk chocolate bar.

2 Comments:

At 9:13 AM, July 12, 2007, Blogger Anonymous Me said...

That's so cool! Rugby world cup is coming up in September or October, and I know of a few bars/pubs around here who will be airing at least a few of them...

 
At 12:12 PM, January 08, 2008, Blogger Scrumhalf Connection said...

This is so awesome! What a great idea! I just found your blog today from Google Alerts and wondered if you would add a link to your page to mine. I run a women's rugby blog and am always looking for more link love.

I will add your blog to my sidebar if that is ok!

Have a great day,
Your Scrumhalf Connection
http://westrugby.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home